How to get rid of lower belly fat – The lower belly is one of the body parts that tend to store fat, and when stored, it is usually difficult to get them off. Often, people who have successfully lost weight and toned up have a bulging lower belly to deal with.
Lower belly fat could become embarrassing. I can imagine the frown you would probably make when you see your lower belly bulging out of your smart gowns. And when you sit, the folds on your lower belly is quite visible even with your clothes on.
To make matters worse, in your swimsuit or bikini, lower belly fat could make you less comfortable at a pool or beach party. To get rid of lower belly fat, a lot of people engage in different workout routines.
Some stick to helpful dietary routines while others change some of their regular lifestyles. Unfortunately, not everyone is successful at losing the fat in the lower body. But why?
This is because they adopt means that are not strictly suitable for burning lower belly fat. Not all exercises, pills and supplements target the lower belly fat.
This post will shed more light on effective ways to get rid of lower belly fat fast and permanently. Here are some natural remedies and exercises that will help you blast away the fat in your lower belly.
Diseases Linked to Belly Fat
The following is a list of medical conditions linked to obesity. Rather than to scare the life out of you, this list is meant to apprise you with necessary information relevant to your health:
- Heart disease – These include coronary heart disease, heart attack, congestive heart failure as well as congenital heart disease.
- Cancers of certain forms
- Breathing issues, especially difficulty in sleeping. This is medically referred to as sleep apnea. Sleep apnea can cause heavy snoring and a brief pause in breathing while sleeping.
- Osteoarthritis: This joint condition usually takes place at the knee, hip, and/back of a patient. The cause of this being overweight and causing a lot of pressure to the joints weaken the cartilages that function as the protectors of these joints.
How To Get Rid Of Lower Belly Fat Fast And Permanently
1. Consume Fish Oil
Fish oil is one of the best oils that aids in weight loss and most importantly helps to get rid of lower belly fat fast. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids which include docosahexaenoic acid, linoleic acid, and eicosapentaenoic acid.
They work by helping to break down the fats deposits around the waistline for a flatter and toned tummy.
- Drink about a tablespoon of fish oil every day.
- In a case where you don’t like fish oil, you can choose to eat fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as mackerel and salmon. The fish should be consumed at about 6g of fish every day as this is equivalent to a tablespoon of fish oil.
2. Say No To Sugar And Sodas
For a successful fat burn, you need to stay away from processed sugar. You need to eat sugar in its raw, purest and natural form only.
This means that you should stay away from sweets, ice creams, and sugary beverages.
Also, carbonated drinks or sodas are not good if you want to lose belly fat fast and permanently. Not only do they increase your body fat they also make you accumulate fat on and around your thighs and abdomen.
When you have successfully removed processed sugar and soda from your diet, you need to drink water. Water is an essential part of a weight loss program as it helps to get rid of excess fat.
It is recommended that a person should have at least eight glasses of water every day to increase metabolism. Apart from that, drinking a lot of water keeps you hydrated which is known to promote brain function.
Most people don’t like the idea of drinking water; however, there are water detox recipes you can try out and they help get rid of lower belly fat fast.
3. Cranberry Juice Detox Drink
Drinking cranberry juice is also one of the effective ways to get rid of lower belly fat fast as it helps to melt stubborn fat.
Cranberries as fruit are loaded and rich in quinic acid, malic acid as well as citric acids. All of which are essential for weight loss as they serve as digestive catalysts.
Cranberries also contain a high amount of antioxidants and help to prevent worn-out cells. This recipe will help prevent fat absorption and helps to cleanse the digestive system from harmful toxins.
Cranberry juice helps to break down and melt all the fatty acids that have accumulated around the lower belly (abdomen).
- Get concentrated and undiluted cranberry juice and mix with water. This should produce a cup.
- Drink a cup of this juice every day before each meal.
4. Lemon Juice With Honey
This remedy is also related to detoxification as a stressed liver cannot break down fats. The inability of the liver to metabolize fats is what causes weight gain around the abdomen- lower belly area.
Hence, to ensure the proper functioning of the liver most significant gets rid of lower belly fat fast, you need to detoxify the liver.
To make the liver function appropriately, it is essential to detoxify the liver.
Lemon water and honey are a perfect combination because it contains enzymes that help to remove toxins from the liver to ensure its proper functioning.
- Get one big lemon and cut in half.
- Squeeze out the juice into a cup and mix with water.
- To sweeten and for added benefits, add a tablespoon of honey and mix well.
- Drink this on an empty stomach every morning until you get your desired results.
5. Drink Hot Organic Teas
Organic tea is of various types as it can include green tea, cinnamon and ginger tea, jasmine tea and any other tea that its flavor is like that of a natural spice.
They are rich in antioxidants and a bunch of minerals and nutrients. Also, they help to burn the general body and stubborn lower belly fat for a more appealing physical appearance.
6. Include Apple Cider Vinegar to your Diet
Apple cider has a lot of impressive health benefits one of which is that it helps to reduce belly fat. You can add apple cider vinegar to your drinking water.
It has acetic acid which can reduce abdominal fat storage. Another way to use apple cider vinegar to get rid of lower belly fat is thus:
- Apple cider vinegar: unprocessed, with mother
- Garlic, crushed
- Turmeric, grounded
- Lemon, Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Add all the ingredients in a cup and fill it with water.
- Drink the content first thing in the morning about 2 hours before eating anything else.
- You can take it last thing in the night too.
This Detox drink flushes toxins out of the gut and promotes fat loss in the belly region.
Exercises To Get Rid Of Lower Belly Fat Fast
To further intensify and speed up the fat burning process, you may need to incorporate any of these exercises alongside the remedies listed above.
There are different workouts to lose lower belly fat. Some of the recommended ones are cardiovascular exercises, lifting weights, and generally living an active lifestyle.
Yoga, if practiced consistently can be a lower belly fat exercise.
Crunches are core or belly targeting exercises that are very good for flattening the belly. They work on the front and side muscles of the abdomen to give the tummy a firm look. The following are some of the crunches that you can do to help you get rid of lower belly fat fast:
- Arms Over Straight-Leg Crunch
- Lie on your back with your arms stretched backward.
- Raise your leg to a 45-degree angle and bring your arms up and lift your shoulders off the mat.
- Do step 2 while lifting your legs until they are vertical against the floor.
- Return to the starting position and repeat this 15 times with three sets each. This means that you should do three sets of 15 repetitions and you can increase the reps as you go through it.
- The Pelvic Tilt Crunch
This is the perfect exercise to do if you want to flatten your lower belly fast.
- Lie down with your face up, and your back and head firmly pressed onto a stability ball.
- Hold your feet together on the floor and in your hands, hold a 5 to 10-pound dumbbell against your chest.
- Firmly tighten your abs and crunch up with your shoulders off the ball.
- Then, raise your hands up as if you are trying to reach up to the sky.
- Repeat this exercise as many times as you can.
- Reverse Crunch
This reverse crunch is another if the exercises you can do to get rid of lower belly fat fast. It focuses on the abs and the abdominal muscles by putting a lot of pressure on the abdominal muscles.
Hence, this leads to the break down of fats in and around the abdomen.
- Lie on the ground as you would for a normal crunch with your feet flat on the floor and your hands under your head.
- Press your lower back firmly into the floor and suck in your belly to lift your feet off the floor.
- Bend your knees at an angle of 90-degrees and keep them together.
- Pull your knees to your chest so that your tailbone lifts off the ground using your core.
- At the same time, perform a traditional crunch- lifting your shoulder blades off the floor.
- When doing this, use your abs to lift your shoulders and heads- don’t use your hands for anything other than supporting your neck with it.
- Lower your shoulders, hips, and legs gradually to get back to the starting position. Stop when your feet are a bit above the floor.
- Do this exercise as many times as possible and ensure you don’t use force to get going.
Note: Squeeze your abs always throughout this exercise.
2. Front Squats
- Place the bar on top of your front deltoids and collarbone and take a step or two to the back.
- Take a deep breath and hold it in towards the bottom and maintain intra-abdominal tightness.
- Slowly flex your hips and knees and remember to push your knees to the front as you squat down.
- As you squat down, squeeze your elbows inwards and upwards. Make sure you keep your elbows up at the bottom of the lift.
- Push yourself upwards once you have squat down and keep your heels on the floor with your knees straightened with your freet.
- When coming up, let your breath out and push through with the glutes and core braced to the top position.
- Do 4 sets of 20 reps to burn lower belly fat fast. You can reduce the reps so as not to injure your muscles.
3. Dumbbell Rows
Dumbbell row is one of the most straightforward exercises that do the job of lower belly fat removal without stress.
- Hold in your hands a pair of dumbbells and bend at the hips and knees with your torso almost touching the floor.
- Leave the dumbbells to hang at arm’s length from your shoulders.
- Pull your shoulders down and back and maintain that position. Afterward, pull the weights to the sides of your ribs by pressing your shoulder blades towards your spine. Hold that position for some minutes.
- Lower the weights to the starting position and repeat this exercise in 15 reps of 4 sets.
Aerobic exercise is your biggest weapon against belly fat. It is the best to get rid of the deep visceral fat stored in the abdomen. And studies prove that it is even better than resistance training or weight training.
So, a brisk walk or swimming should be the way out if you want a flat belly in a week. We suggest that you clock up aerobic activity for 10 minutes each spread out over the day, rather than trying to exercise vigorously for a long time at a stretch.
Don’t let your bulging lower belly demoralize you. In a very short time, you can comfortably flaunt your sexy stomach at the beach and rock you smart corporate gowns without your lower belly protruding.
Take note that we all have different body structures and while a particular method works for someone, it might not work for another person.
All it’s going to take is your determination to lose that belly pooch.
When you are determined, getting through these routines would be a piece of cake. Good luck trying to get your belly in shape.